Greetings,

On Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 12:49:49 AM UTC-7, RobH wrote:
>
>
> I've seen the suggestion of Kyle, but it came to me as a 1 April joke! 
> And even if Kyle is serious we must not overreact. 
>

Sorry, no joke. Grep the sources for 'value_is_temp' and you'll see that 
yes, indeed, variables beginning with '_temp' are special cased. You 
needn't replace all of your identifiers that begin with '_' but the 
compiler reserves the right to do anything it wants with them. If I ever 
get the newer variable allocator to work, even this restriction will go 
away.
 

>
> the internals of the compiler). And when this is true I would consider 
> this as a compiler (design) issue. 
>

I would agree, but this has been documented from the beginning.

--kyle

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to