Greets,

On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 12:53:41 AM UTC-7, RobH wrote:
>
>
> On 04/08/2015 01:26 AM, zmafoox wrote: 
> > Sorry, no joke. 
> It could have been a nice joke, it was properly timed! It's a pitty that 
> it wasn't! 
>

Agreed. I'll do better next year :)
 

>
> I can imagine that the compiler has a need for 'internal' names. But I 
> would expect that it throws an error when this conflicts (duplicates) 
> with an 'external' name.


There are no duplicates. The prefix '_temp' is treated as special, look at 
the assembly listing. I assumed I'd be the only one using it as I 
documented these as being reserved. There's no easy way to catch this, and 
using '_temperature' was just unfortunate. I'll return to the 
documentation, that has been there for a *long* time. Don't do that! Append 
the '_' when necessary.

Indeed! But of all the compilers and interpreters with which I've worked 
> JalV2 is the only one with this kind of restriction


You've never programmed in C? ISO/IEC 9899:1999 section 7.1.3, ``Reserved 
Identifiers'
 
So...sorry, this is one case I actually got the documentation correct and 
folks opting for a naming system in opposition are wrong. I've run into 
this issue at every job I've worked with the whole:

#ifdef _bob

instead of the correct:

#ifdef bob_

and have to simply circle back & say, sorry, you're wrong.

On the upside, as I think I've mentioned earlier, it's really only the 
'_temp*' that's an issue. Everything else *should* work fine.

--kyle

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to