BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

Darko,

Since you are using JDK 1.3, I assume you have to go through the
same security properties changes as for 1.2. There is something
on the JServ FAQ about it (#58) -  here is what I added to my
configuration files. You have to give Java permission to use
the sockets to make an outbound connection from the machine,
otherwise it violates the default JVM security.

This is put in the java.security file. Mine resides in the path
/usr/local/jdk/jre/lib/security

grant codeBase "file:/usr/local/jserv/libexec/ApacheJServ.jar" {
        permission java.io.FilePermission "/usr/local/jserv/servlets/-",
"read";
        permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "createClassLoader";
        permission java.net.SocketPermission
"*:","connect,accept,listen,resolve";
};

As for the classes12.zip etc, these are the versions of the JDBC thin
client for Java 1.2. Go to oracles web site and make sure you have the
correct version of the thin client for the JDK you are running. You will
also see there under a readme somewhere whether you will really need the
nls_charset classes or not. I have a feeling that you are using the
wrong
thin client version for the JDK you have, but confirm this at
technet.oracle.com.

HTH

Chris

--