> While looking up for examples of fuzzy search with Lucene, I came across
> examples that demonstrate Lucene with file system predominantly, so was
> wondering if there are any samples on ‘How to use Lucene with DB’ or if the
> Java logic remains same for Filesystem or DB (really sorry I am new to
> Lucene). Any differences or things to consider when the data source are
> different?

If we are speaking of indexing documents from db or from filesystem, it is
the same thing.
If you are thinking about a database for storing lucene data structure,
instead of filesystem which is the default option, I will discourage you.
The filesystem storage is the one officially supported.

Since it's your first time with lucene, have you considered something like
Solr or Elasticsearch, which offers you more functionalities without the
need of implementing them?

Riccardo