On 6/29/10 5:40 PM, Mike Crowe wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-06-27 at 11:13 +0200, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
>> On 6/15/10 12:16 AM, Mike Crowe wrote:
>>> Hello
>>> I did some rough coding to get javax-usb to work with libusb-0.1 about
>>> two years ago.  There has been some recent great work being done to port
>>> libusb-1.0 to windows XP and newer.  Is anyone working at this on moving
>>> javax-libusb from 0.1 to 1.0?
>>
>> I'm working on a new implementation based on 1.0. I haven't published it
>> yet as it's very much still a PoC. I can send and receive some packets
>> (was able to control a LED on a ftdi chip), but there's lots of work left.
>>
>> I've done some work on getting the TCK to pass, but libusb right now
>> misses at least the negotiated speed so parts of the TCK fails. I'm also
>> not very happy with all parts of the TCK so I'd like to discuss that
>> later when I'm more into it.
>
> We'd be happy with Git as well.  I'm particularly happy with the local
> repo aspect of it.

Git is awesome.

> I'm not clear what TCK stands for.

TCK = Technology Compatibility Kit. By running the TCK you show that
your implementation is compliant with the specification.

> We have the code compiling, with 1.0, but the enumeration did not port
> cleanly and needs some hand coding to work.
>
> We are actively coding, but it appears that you are well beyond where we
> are.  It would help if we could be working on the same code.  I'm not
> clear what it takes to move a sourceforge repo from CVS to git
> (CVS2Git).  I'm willing to give it a shot if the javax admin guy is
> willing to give me the appropriate admin privilages to make the
> changes.

I've used git-cvsimport on the javax-usb and javax-usb-tck SF
repositories (I don't care about the other stuff) and it worked just fine.

> Would it make sense to start another project using Git, and libusb-1.0
> (giving credit and links to the original project)?

My code is a re-implementation of the libusb stuff. I've reimplemented
the relevant javax.usb stuff too as I find the IBM license un-clear and
I want it to be under the Apache Software License v2.

I'll try to publish my stuff asap.

There are parts of the TCK that my code really can't pass as libusb for
example doesn't support hot plug/unplug events of new devices yet.

--
Trygve