On 6/29/10 7:53 PM, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
> On 6/29/10 5:40 PM, Mike Crowe wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm working on a new implementation based on 1.0. I haven't published it
>>> yet as it's very much still a PoC. I can send and receive some packets
>>> (was able to control a LED on a ftdi chip), but there's lots of work left.
>>>
>>> I've done some work on getting the TCK to pass, but libusb right now
>>> misses at least the negotiated speed so parts of the TCK fails. I'm also
>>> not very happy with all parts of the TCK so I'd like to discuss that
>>> later when I'm more into it.
>>
>> We'd be happy with Git as well.  I'm particularly happy with the local
>> repo aspect of it.
>
> Git is awesome.
>
>> I'm not clear what TCK stands for.
>
> TCK = Technology Compatibility Kit. By running the TCK you show that
> your implementation is compliant with the specification.
>
>> We have the code compiling, with 1.0, but the enumeration did not port
>> cleanly and needs some hand coding to work.
>>
>> We are actively coding, but it appears that you are well beyond where we
>> are.  It would help if we could be working on the same code.  I'm not
>> clear what it takes to move a sourceforge repo from CVS to git
>> (CVS2Git).  I'm willing to give it a shot if the javax admin guy is
>> willing to give me the appropriate admin privilages to make the
>> changes.
>
> I've used git-cvsimport on the javax-usb and javax-usb-tck SF
> repositories (I don't care about the other stuff) and it worked just fine.
>
>> Would it make sense to start another project using Git, and libusb-1.0
>> (giving credit and links to the original project)?
>
> My code is a re-implementation of the libusb stuff. I've reimplemented
> the relevant javax.usb stuff too as I find the IBM license un-clear and
> I want it to be under the Apache Software License v2.
>
> I'll try to publish my stuff asap.
>
> There are parts of the TCK that my code really can't pass as libusb for
> example doesn't support hot plug/unplug events of new devices yet.

Tada, here it is:

   http://github.com/trygvis/javax-usb-libusb1

Note that it's not very likely that it will build cleanly for anyone but
me on my machine but I can try to work on that if that's wanted. Right
now I'm just trying to get the basic stuff to work. I had to do some
work on libusb too so you'll have to build libusb from my libusb repository:

   git://git.libusb.org/libusb-trygvis.git

A web view is available here:
http://git.libusb.org/?p=libusb-trygvis.git;a=summary

--