It can be if you have the shield on. i think I do but I can't remember.

SA&G

: So your saying that AVG is not a active virus scanner in the
: background, and that you have to do manual scans or set it to do a
: daily scan?
: To me that is not a very good fighter against threats that come from
: anywhere.
: