Thanks for your suggestions.  I will keep looking around and asking
questions.  After doing this, I will give the microsoft technicians a call
and see what they have to say.  I really like this feature.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2017 11:55 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Problem sending articles

What happens when it's working? I used Firefox, which is my browser of
choice. I assumed the "e-mail link" was a very similar option to the "send
link to"...in IE. When you do this, it should open your e-mail client. How
do you normally send links to someone, if not by e-mail? Well, I just opened
internet explorer, which I still have on the PC of course, despite not using
it. I open the "send to" submenu, and from here I can choose either "send
page by e-mail", or "send link by e-mail", and of course there is also a
item for sending a shortcut to your desktop. I also note that, like you,
nothing happens when I choose these e-mail options. I assume this is because
I don't use IE and have not set it up to work with outlook, or, indeed, any
e-mail client. Is this a new computer or OS setup you are using? How
recently did this in fact work for you?

I do not not know why this doesn't work in IE, and it does in firefox. I
checked program associations and of course they are fine. So unless someone
else has a different idea, I would suggest trying something else. IE,
pasting the article directly into an e-mail, or simply copying the link and
opening the message manually, pasting the liink therein.

You could also do a google search to see if others are experiencing the same
issue. A quick look on my part would seem to suggest this is so, but I'm
planning to stick to firefox as my browser of choice, wehre everything works
properly, more or less. :)