From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Brian Lee
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 10:02 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Hyperlink in a Word document.

Hello Judy,

If you are inserting a link to a web page, I have found it better to use the
JAWS cursor in the Insert Hyperlink dialog box.  Here are the steps you might
want to try:

In the Word document where you want the words that people see, start by using
CTRL with K.
Type in the web address for the link's destination.
I suggest that you don't tab through the dialog box using the PC cursor as
things can get messed up.
After typing in the web address route JAWS to PC.
With JAWS cursor active do a page up.
Arrow down once to the line with "link to" and "text to display.
Press home key and then use JAWS key with right arrow key until you find the
address just past the words "text to display."
Simulate a left mouse button click to bring focus there.
Put on PC cursor, select the text in the field and overwrite the text with the
words you want used.
Route JAWS to PC again, do a page down and find the OK button.
Do a simulated left mouse button click on the OK button.

You should be able to test it.  If your document is saved move on to the line
with the link, use application key and choose to open hyperlink.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net