Steve,
What do you mean by the basic office program that you get with Windows? What exactly does it include? i assume this is another of Microsoft's efforts to help us do our computing tasks well? Anyway, I'm not sure what George meant about Office 2007 being buggy with JAWS 11 but imagine it has to do with the ribbon interface, which hopefully JAWS 12 will make easier. My husband is already using Office 2007 so I will hopefully be able to install a copy on his license. I feel i'm going to have a lot to learn at one time and it's hard to anticipate how difficult it will be from other people's reports of problems. Oh well, one day at a time I guess. I've been anticipating this transition for about a year and have finally decided to take the plunge now that I have the money saved rather than wait for this PC to die completely.

Susan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve" <k...@sbcglobal.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2011 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] questions about JAWS and Windows 7

Aaaaah.  Don't believe everything you read.

Office 2007 works fine with either Jaws 11 or 12 on a Win 7 machine. The Office 2010 programs that you install also should work, but the basic version of Office 2010 that you get with every Win 7 pc won't work very well because it is an ad-based free version that uses a web browser, so Jaws can't script it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jorge Paez" <computertechjorgep...@gmail.com>