Jim,
Thanks for your response about the JAWS settings. The reason I'm asking so specifically about individual programs is that my son will essentially be putting together this PC from a kit so it will not have the usual bloatware, which means that we are trying to remember what we need to bring it up to speed. For example, it's my understanding that Windows 7 will include Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer. Since I'll likely have to download some things once I'm up and running, I obviously need a web browser to do this and wanted to be sure I didn't have to jump through a lot of hoops to get it. As to the email client to use, I've tried both Outlook and Windows Live Mail ever so briefly but not long enough to feel comfortable with either one. I will be getting JAWS 12 next week and will have a few weeks to play with it before purchasing and setting up the new PC, so maybe it is time to revisit outlook. Again, I really appreciate your thoughts on all this and will probably have more specific questions as I get further into this.

Susan

database 6138 (20110520) __________

http://www.eset.com