You can use Office 2007 fine with Jaws 11. The ribbon interface is a bit of a learning curve, remembering the hotkeys for everything is helpful. With Jaws 12, they have a virtual ribbon feature which makes Office 2007 a lot less taxing.

Every copy of Win 7 now has Office 2010 on it. Stephen Greeley of Freedom Scientific posted an explanation on this list as to why the basic version of Office 2010, which runs in the cloud server, doesn't work with Jaws. He also posted the work-around if you want to run Office 2010, but since you have MsOffice 2007, that probably won't be of importance to you.

It turns out that Microsoft has 2 versions of their Office 2010 trial
software.  One version is a full stand-alone version and the other
version is a virtualized Click and Run version which runs on remote
servers.

When you are running the virtualized version JAWS is unable to load the
JAWS settings for the Office apps because Microsoft is not reporting the
correct executable to JAWS and part of Office is actually running on a
remote server.
However there is a solution.

You can find out more about this issue from the following link.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/click-to-run-switch-to-usin
g-a-full-office-edition-HA101850538.aspx?queryid=1824aef35e174fd4adb8a2a
398b1170f&respos=2

I'll give you the steps for downloading the full non-Click and Run
version which will work just fine with JAWS.

The issue is that when you download the Microsoft Office 2010
Home/Student Trial Edition you initially have the option to install the
Run now Click and run version.  This version downloads a small installer
which sets up a virtual environment and the actual Office runs on a
remote machine from a Microsoft server.  This version of the
Home/Student Trial Edition cannot be used with JAWS as JAWS has no way
to associate the correct JAWS settings with the various Office apps.

For example if you start Excel and do JAWSKey+q JAWS will report that
the default settings are loaded.  The application currently being used
is excel.exe.   The default settings are loaded instead of the Excel
2010 settings because Excel is actually being run by the virtual host
CVH.exe and so Office is not reporting to JAWS the correct executable
name.

If you start Microsoft Word 2010 Home/Student Trial and do a JAWSKey+q
then JAWS will report that Microsoft 2007 settings are loaded.  Again
Office is not reporting the application information in such a way that
JAWS can correctly load the JAWS settings for Microsoft Word 2010.  The
same is true for PowerPoint 2010Home/Student Edition Click and Run
version. .

The solution is to uninstall the Click and Run version of Microsoft
Home/Student edition 2010 and instead download the full stand-alone
version of the trial edition.
Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

Steve
Lansing, MI