To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Microsoft Word with too much verbage.

Hello Rich,

Here are a couple things to check out in Word and in the JAWS quick
settings:

If you are using a version of Word earlier than 2007 then use Alt+T to bring
up the tools menu.  Use up arrow key to the options menu item and press
enter key.  Use CTRL+Tab until focus moves to the View tab of the dialog
box. Use tab key across the various options and if the option for paragraph
marks is checked then use spacebar to remove the checkmark.  Also confirm
that the checkbox for Show All or Show All formatting isn't checked. (I am
not at a system with a version of Word earlier than 2007 on it so I am
trying this from memory).  Tab to the Apply button if there is one and use
spacebar on it.  Tab to the OK button and use spacebar.  If there is no
Apply button then just use the OK button.

If you are using Word 2007 or later then use Alt+F and then use up arrow to
the Options item and press enter key.  Use down arrow key to the Display
tab.  Use tab key across the choices and make sure the Paragraph Marks
checkbox isn't checked. If it is then use spacebar to remove the checkmark.
Tab to the OK button and use spacebar.

To check recent changes made in JAWS that might be affecting the reading of
text use JAWS key with V and tab to the tree view.  Type the word Last
quickly or press L until you get to the Last Changed Settings item.  Use
down arrow to hear the recent changes made in JAWS.  If you find an item
that might have affected the JAWS behavior then you can tab to the Search
box and find the item to change back to the setting you want.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@hotmail.com