Hi Steven,
I  assume you mean windows media player 12 on windows 7.
In windows media player, if you open the context menu of a track, then open the
add to sub menu, then a number of play lists are shown on this sub menu.
Unfortunately, only the last eight of so playlists which have been created are
shown. However, the last item on the menu is additional playlists, and if you
open this, you can select any playlist in dialog.

As an alternative, you can:
1. select the playlist, and choose play from its context menu. The items in the
playlist are then placed in the currently playing list (which is on the right
side of the screen).
2. You can add tracks to this now playing list by opening the context menu,
open the add to sub menu, and choosing playlist. The shortcut for this is
ctrl+7.
3. When you've finished adding tracks, tab to the save list button, and press
it.
Alternately, press alt+s.

David.