Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2014 3:29 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] external portable harddrive

Hi all,

Another thing came to my mind:
I think that hard drive is not partitioned properly. Check it with
windows disk management. Under windows 7 it is located in the control
panel\administrative tools. The problem is that as I don't have English
version of windows, I can't describe the exact next point where you can
find the disk manager. In administrative tools ythere is an item the
list called "computer management" or something like this.
After you had entered in this item, the left side of the next window
contains a tree view. You can go to it by pressing the tab key a few
times I think.
In that tree you can find something like "disk management"
After you had found the disk management with the arrow keys, try
pressing tab a few times until you et to a list where you can find all
the awaylable partitions on the computer. You will hear whether they are
okay or there is a problem with them by pressing up and down arrow keys
on the items.
If you hear something like "unknown" it may happenthat the current
partition you are viewing is not formatted properly or it is formatted
to a filesystem what windows doesn1t know.
It may happen that you can't reach the partition list with keyboard and
oyu will need sighted help.

Greetings,
Istvan