I am currently using a Brother 685CW all in one inkjet printer.

It's a great printer, with a very large display that can be tilted to accommodate the user, and with the large screen, it's great for persons with low vision.

The one thing I like about this printer is that the software you install on your computer, has a remote setup on it, which, once a setting is adjusted, makes the process completely accessible, though it does need some work on the cartridge screen.

In any case, this model comes with a digital voicemail feature, and speaker phone, a dial pad, and can function as a stand alone model, so you don't have to rely on the PC to do any faxing.

It's also got three different methods of access. It will connect to your computer via USB cable, in which case, if you want to be able to print with your other devices or computers/laptops/tablets, you will have to share the printer, which also means that your computer will have to remain on when you print from the other devices, but the great thing about this printer is that it will also connect through RJ-45 LAN cable to your router, or Wi-Fi, meaning if you use these methods of connection, it now becomes a network printer, and you can print anytime you want over the wireless connection in your home. It's also got a USB, SD card and MMC card slot which allows you to edit pictures directly on the printer screen for printing, or for importing onto your computer.

The other great thing about this multi-function printer is that it's got both a document feeder, and a flat bed scanner, so you're not relegated to just the one scanning type.

Either way, Once you install the Brother Status Monitor and Control Center, and the application is launched and you're in the main window, use your Jaws cursor to left click on the configure button, which will bring up a menu.

In that menu, you'll find a Settings sub-menu, press the enter key, or the right arrow key to expand the sub-menu, followed by a down arrow to Skin Select and press enter to activate.

In the resulting dialog box, select the classic menu, and you'll have access to all the button and tabs on the application.

If you don't know how to use the Jaws cursor, then you will need sighted assistance, as I'm not sure the tab and spacebar key will allow you to get to and activate, respectively, the configure button that activates the menu you need to access in order to change the skin, but one can always try.

In any case, I'm not sure if they still sell this particular model or not, but if you're willing to pay a bit more, then you can get an Air Drop model that allows you to print from your iPhone using Brother's cell phone app. Oh, and this model also comes with a handset, so it functions as a stand alone telephone, and once you're in the remote setup for the machine, you can control the number of rings, whether you want the machine to functions solely as a fax machine, tax/telephone machine, or one or the other. You can also configure the telephone code to remotely start the fax so that if you're not near the machine, you can pickup any phone in your house, press a key combination, and the fax machine will start up.

You can also configure whether the incoming fax gets printed, or gets imported into your computer, and into your favourite application for processing, such as Kurzweill, or Open Book.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Scorpio
-----Original Message----- From: Joeylamperis