Hi Judy, depends on the application you are on when you press insert 6, the settings open for that application, and your changes only affect that specific application; i.e if you are on the desktop, it will only applies to the window OS settings. To make it a default change, press Alt control D and the change will be for all programs settings (universal).
hth

-----Original Message----- From: Judy
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:06 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] turning off form fields

Hi, I sent this two days ago and have gotten no response and I am really
baffled by this one. Like I said I have to turn off the form fields and
going to the usual setting of insert 6, then arrowing down and checking
manual turning off the auto and entering on okay like I did before isn't
working. It is still clicking on and off automatically on all web sites.
Using Jaws 14, IE 11, Windows 7. Thanks.  Judy & Libby