>   <libs>
>     <lib ref="my.class.path.ref"
>   </libs>
>   <ear/>
>   <war/>
>   <java/>
>   <xdoclet/>
> </module>

YES! at least I can read that, (I really can't read 90% of the
buildmagic files, jason do you have the "cojones" to get rid of your own
work for something better? I did for JBoss 1.0 when Rickard proposed
Dynamic Proxies)

One thing that is nice in BM is the "multiple ant files" where each
project defines the build files.  But frankly I would rather have
repetition of variables than unreadable stuff.

In what you propose, we need

<sar> ??? or is it just a jar file?

Also I would also make the <lib> optional since we use UCLs in JBoss and
can dynamically add a library you drop, so we would define the "default"
and let the files be put in a central lib location of JBoss. I have been
fighting with the declaration of all the files for tapestry... pain in
my ass.  We need tighter configuration with Open Source players.

The idea here is clearly create a "ANT ON JBOSS" project.  Just like we
enhanced Tomcat with hotdeploy and it becomes a must to use Tomcat on
JBoss instead of straight Tomcat, we must simplify the ANT stuff by
using it on JBoss. Frankly JUST THE CLASSPATH NIGHTMARE GONE would be a
HUGE/HUGE/HUGE step.  So before we go and complicate things (jason)
let's just do this simple one with the STRAIGHT ANT TAGS and it will be
a HUGE HUGE HUGE step.

Building is still a BIG pain in the ass and we need to automate some of
that. BUILD ON JBOSS or ANT ON JBOSS can simplify things, integrate
nicely with the XDoclet tags we are bringing back under JBoss and assure
you that building on JBoss will be simple.  Right now I am fighting with
Tapestry for no good reason, except classpath mess, build files with BM
that make no sense and bla bla bla.

PLEASE LET MAKE OUR BUILD ENVIRONMENT THE ****BEST**** IN THE OPEN
SOURCE WORLD, it doesn't take much, just simplifying some of the ant
stuff and extending.  Keep it really simple.  It will be key to the
fight for dominance, so let's get our ducks in a row.  Anyone from ANT
with a JBoss RW?  Who can we bring under JBoss Group professional
umbrella. We are doing business in helping people set their build
environments today so I know there is some money to be made there.

Step up!

marc f