On Sunday, March 23, 2003, at 04:19 PM, Stefan Arentz wrote:

On Saturday, Mar 22, 2003, at 23:03 Europe/Amsterdam, Tom Coleman wrote:

Personally, certification is irrelevant to me. My criteria is whether
or not the product gets the job done. I think certification serves to
answer that question for people who don't know how to figure it out for
themselves.

I have a different view on that. I think certification is important because by running all those tests we will find a lot of new bugs in JBoss. Certification will make it a better product because *all* parts of the specification will be touched instead of just what people are using.

I agree that certification is not that important to sell the product, but from a development / testing perspective it is *very* useful.

The more tests we have the better we will be, but I doubt that sun will let us check the TDK into CVS, so it will be worthless to everyone but the few JBoss employees that get access.

-dain