IMHO, I don't know that passing the certification tests now would be of much
benefit to JBoss.  The biggest drawback I can see is that with JBoss 4, we
will be moving people away from having to deal with all the extra API
non-sense that J2EE developers have to deal with today.  Just write your
POJOs and we'll do the rest (persistence, caching, security, remoting,
etc.).  If we get certified now, might be added pressure to make JBoss 4
compliant as well, which I think would divert us from our current direction.

If Sun would have made this offer a year ago, might of been worth pursuing.

-Tom