"Pope Paul V ordered Bellarmine to have the Sacred Congregation of the Index
decide on the Copernican theory. The cardinals of the Inquisition met on 24
February 1616 and took evidence from theological experts. They condemned the
teachings of Copernicus, and Bellarmine conveyed their decision to Galileo
who had not been personally involved in the trial. Galileo was forbidden to
hold Copernican views."

Dude, that is so funny! I was about to write that exact thing (though less elegantly) and then make some references to the Spanish Inquisition, but then I thought...what's the point...

-Andy

Dave, I've participated in the evolution of distributed systems of the past
10 years, DCE, CORBA, and now J2EE implementations.  System level aspects
are just the next iteration of the same theme.  The difference being that
the AOP paradigm finally let's you separate your business logic code from
your distributed infrastructure.  You will see.  Everybody will jump on the
AOP bandwagon eventually.  I'm just glad JBoss is a leader this time rather
than being just a J2EE chump follower.

Bill