Hello, I'm sorry for late reply for likely dead thread, but I think this is
intersting issue that should be handled as soon as possible.

Dne Friday 13 of June 2008 21:02:25 Peter Saint-Andre napsal(a):
> On 06/13/2008 12:57 PM, Yann Leboulanger wrote:
> > Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> >> Safa Sofuoğlu (one of our GSoC students) mentioned to me that XMPP
> >> clients need to provide localized versions of many protocol terms, but
> >> that there is no consistency for those terms. Examples include:
> >>
> >> 1. Concepts like "file transfer" and even "instant messaging"
> >> 2. Basic presence states like "away" and "dnd"
> >> 3. Moods (XEP-0107)
> >> 4. Activities (XEP-0108)
> >> 5. Chat states (XEP-0085)
> >> 6. And many more!

Particularly the moods and activites should be
a) consistent among different clients with same language
b) consistent among different languages.
to avoid social problems :-).

(a) is relatively easy to achieve as long as the translator teams collaborate.
But for (b) it's necessary to create some semantic descriptions to some of the
words, which can possibly have multiple meanings.

I've created this page some time ago
http://wiki.jabber.org/index.php/Mood_translation but I somehow lost interest
(partly because I didn't make other people interested ;-) ). The page is a
basic draft intended to create attention.

Don't know if there were some discussions about it anywhere else.

Regards
Zenon Kuder jr.

--
Stop Skype Plague