> I don't yet see a compelling benefit that would motivate us to drop
support for OpenJDK 8.  Its support lifetime is almost as long as Java 11.

New language features...
Not stuck on a version released 7 years ago...
Libraries dropping support for it...

I'm now sure how the Java 8 baseline decision was reached, but I was a user
at that time.
We upgraded, it broke, we fixed it, no complaints =/.

Last time this came up I suggested we give extended LTS support in the
version we drop Java 8 or at least extended security fixes.
Instead of 3 months do 6 months or a year... That way enterprises can keep
patched while they decide when to upgrade their Java.

Thanks
Tim