Agreed that the benefit to developers is a critical point. For Java 8 bump
<https://groups.google.com/g/jenkinsci-dev/c/fo5nKLhZK5U/m/Zb9jHpBJBQAJ>
that was a big driver. We do want Jenkins to be appealing to the OSS Java
developers out there.

I think we should plan & announce ahead like we've done for Java 8 [1]
<https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2015/11/03/what-jvm-versions-are-running-jenkins/>
[2]
<https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2016/11/22/what-jvm-versions-are-running-jenkins-the-return/>
[3] <https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2017/01/17/Jenkins-is-upgrading-to-Java-8/>
 [4]
<https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2017/04/10/jenkins-has-upgraded-to-java-8/>,
like saying we'll bump to Java 11 as min version some time in (late?) 2022,
blog about it etc.