> I see Cocoon as a very good conceptuallization of a "rendering engine" (our
> screen and printing driver and graphics libraries, if you follow the analogy),
> and in Cocoon 2 we can have good solutions for having Model/View/Controller
> webapps. While Cocoon is more oriented to publishing than to webapps, I think
> they are shifting their views as Cocoon 2 proceeds.
>
> Other views on that?
>
> N.B. My knowledge of Cocoon 2 is really shallow. I have feelings more than
> certainties. WRT Turbine, I have looked at the code and I'm following the list
> since august or september, so I'm more informed.

I think that Cocoon2 will be a step in the right direction regarding webapps
over Cocoon1, but I'm still not convinced that all of the webapp MVC goals
have been solved like they have been solved in Turbine.

Given that Stefano has decided to drop off the planet, I'm also not certain of
the future of Cocoon 2 as well. :-( I understand that any good project can
have good people step up and take charge, just like this project, I'm just not
convinced that Cocoon2's webapp goals are of completely sound design yet.

Turbine has a primary goal of webapp design for nearly 3 years now and I think
that we have pretty  much gotten most of it worked out...Cocoon2 is still
learning what the right way to do things is.

So, my advice is to tread lightly and carefully.

-jon

--
Scarab -
      Java Servlet Based - Open Source