on 2/5/01 4:41 PM, "David Sean Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> So can I do something like this now?
>
> Context ctx = new InitialContext();
> DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("jdbc/jetspeedDB");
> Connection con = ds.getConnection( ....  // this would actually be the
> pooled connection

I have no idea, all I know is that I'm implementing the interfaces now. :-)
I don't actually use JNDI as I haven't needed to get a Connection from a
remote provider or see a reason to need to do something like that. :-(

> Are connection strings still stored in the TR.P?

Yep.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous
<http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/> | <http://java.apache.org/turbine/>