on 2/5/01 9:48 PM, "Johnny Cass" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've read a lot of opinions like this one all over the net (that JSP
> sucks). Though my intuition tells me that using Velocity *must* somehow
> be better than using JSP, I haven't actually been able to determine
> *why* this is the case.
>
> I have only been using JSP for about two weeks (so I may just be naive)
> but have so far enjoyed it's:
>
> - Ease of use (but not debugging)

Right, it is so easy to just put a few lines of Java code in your page,
isn't it? Right there you just broke the MVC separation that everyone is so
into.

> - The thorough specification and documentation

Yes, that part is good. However, when you have a large corporation backing
the development with millions of $, you would expect such a thing.

> - Level of integration (with tools like NetBeans IDE)

Yes, that part is good. However, when you have a large corporation backing
the development with millions of $, you would expect such a thing.

Again, I'm working on my essay...it should be ready in a few days.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous
<http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/> | <http://java.apache.org/turbine/>