On 20/06/07, Peteris Krisjanis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I strongly disagree that it is un-discoverable. Everyone who have
> worked with computer for some time knows that CTRL is multiple
> selection.

Well what I mean is that there is no visual indication that you can solo
more than one track in this situation, so the user would only find the
feature through luck or random clicking.

Besides, Ctrl-clicking is pretty nasty...

> My pick about usability of Jokosher is that we are trying to achieve
> some new ground here. Staying with old errors (like multiple solo
> selections *by default*), in my opinion, is not right. For information
> and avoiding confusion we could have tool tip on button Solo, which
> informs about possibility to select multiple channels with CTRL.

I agree, which is why I proposed removing solo in place of "Mute All Tracks" /
"Unmute All Tracks" buttons - in this model it's obvious from the mute status
of each track what should be playing.