On Jan 30, 2006, at 10:38 PM, Tim Colson ((tcolson)) wrote:

Duffy wrote:
1) ask Warner to add 'tomcat/bin/catalin.sh start' to
/etc/rc.local, or start and stop scripts to the /etc/rc*.d
directories, and
Thanks Duffy. I know what would need to be setup for start/stop
scripts...but there are other considerations too , like starting as root so it could attach to port 80. Better still of course would be to setup startup scripts and mod_jk connector to Apache (I've got all the configs
from the corporate setup.)

Yeah, getting it setup with mod_jk would be great. We do have a sysadmin who setup the mysql for us, whom I trust not to screw up the rest of my setup if we have a list of things, but unless andy can donate his time again it will take some moola.

2) make sure hsqldb is configured to write data to disk (it
does in-memory only if configured specifically NOT to write to disk)
Yeah, the default is writing out data into the confluence_home/ database
dir.

Otherwise, I know there was an attempt to configure MySQL on
that machine.
If someone wants to install it (is the distro .deb or .rpm
capable?) I can figure out how to init the Confluence tables
given an appropriate login.
MySQL is on the box, but I believe it's 4.0 -- which I personally had
many issues with that went away with 4.1.

Nope, it's 4.1.14.

Confluence table init is automagic -- so long as there is a datasource
setup with a uid/pass, Confluence can take it from there after a bit of
change to the config file.

The tricky bit really is getting folks to actually volunteer and
coordinate with the fact that this is still a production box for
Warner... really don't want to blow stuff up. ;-)

Thanks :-).

-warner

-Timo