On 1/30/06, Tim Colson (tcolson) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(And it's only barely installed, running standalone using HSQLDB in a
user-account and won't survive machine reboots.)

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Chad Woolley wrote:
As far as the user-mode account that won't survive reboots, that
doesn't sound too good.

Moving things makes sense if other resources are available, but the "won't survive machine reboots" thing can be addressed in two simple steps:

1) ask Warner to add 'tomcat/bin/catalin.sh start' to /etc/rc.local, or start and stop scripts to the /etc/rc*.d directories, and 2) make sure hsqldb is configured to write data to disk (it does in-memory only if configured specifically NOT to write to disk)
  http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/web/hsqlDocsFrame.html

Otherwise, I know there was an attempt to configure MySQL on that machine. If someone wants to install it (is the distro .deb or .rpm capable?) I can figure out how to init the Confluence tables given an appropriate login.

-D