On 18.02.2014 15:42, Dennis Rockwell wrote:
> On 02/17/2014 05:15 PM, Seth Holmes wrote:
>> Expunge is one of those things I just don't play with, it makes me a
>> little nervous. It's a very permanent deletion and I'm always afraid
>> it will delete more than I would like it to.
>
> Expunge deletes K-9's local copy.  For an IMAP account, that's not
> irreversible, it's just a cache flush.  When I want to manipulate a
> folder I don't normally access (and don't sync), I hit the "Load more
> messages", do what I need to, then expunge.

I'm afraid that's not correct. The "Expunge" button sends the expunge
command to the IMAP server causing all messages in that folder marked as
deleted to be removed permanently from the server.

-- 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the K-9 Mail Users List.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, email [email protected]
To report an issue with K-9 Mail, visit 
http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/issues/list
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/k-9-mail

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "K-9 
Mail" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to