Same at my working place: you write a mail that requires us to employ a
full-fledged html parser as an additional attack surface for security holes
- and you instantly risk getting blocked.
Additionally html signatures with images make searching for "this one mail
that contains an attachment" hard as every mail contains this image => if
you were willing to write a full html editor for mails including providing
the possibility to place images relative to the canvas/to the text, the
logic that attaches them to any mail if needed and to make them scale
accordingly to the screen resolution and size (possibly allowing to make
the layout of the signature auto-adjust if the screen is a 9:20 aspect
ratio cellphone) I cannot guarantee someone will include it in a mail
client whose main advantages are that this client is simple, is using only
a small amount of resources and fast.

If you instead want k9 to be able to load an html file and to attach it to
every sent mail k9 wouldn't need to be equipped with a big html editor but
as html comes in many flavours and since it can reference external files
that still would make k9 unnecessarily big.

As I am no k9 developer, but just an user who likes k9 to be simple this
opinion might greatly differ from the one of the real developers, though.