On 5/15/19 3:15 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
S <pfohl.sebast...@gmail.com> writes:

That would be indeed a nice feature. It is a total bogus assumption that
HTML mails are bad or can cause damage. As long as the feature is optional
and only activated when needed, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Nobody is forced to use it.

As long as I don't get any mails with html signatures unless I check the
"allow others to send me html signatures" box in k-9, then I can see
your point :-)

But seriously -- some of the html mail I get is ok.  Most is infested
with trackers or fails to contain a text/plain with equivalent content.
The broad dislike of html mail has been earned.

Here, here! Especially trackers. Also, attempts to trigger buffer overflows in HTML rendering engines.

Not a fan of HTML emails here, either.

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com