On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 5:56:41 PM UTC-5, David W. Jones wrote:

Yes, adding images provides great functionality for tracking and other
> privacy invasions.

Yes, but I have a saying: "Ban plastic knifes from the school cafeteria? I
do wish [insert school principle] would realize that I can kill someone
with my car keys". The point of this saying is that anything can be used as
a weapon. And in this case, if I wished to track someone I would simply
replace all the links (e.g: facebook.com/Bob) with tracking links (e.g:
https://bit.ly/2LP4mva <-- that is a tracking link).

I did not need HTML to add tracking links.
I do not need HTML to add pictures that will track you if you decided to
view it

But we do need HTML to add italic, bold, or underlined.