I understand all of your concerns, but a great quantity of K9 users will be
benefited from HTML signatures.

I myself want it, so I can automatically insert pictures as buttons (pictures
with links, like with a small picture of a Facebook logo, that goes to my
profile).

I like the idea of disabling incoming HTML, especially for certain contacts
(e.g: newsletters).