On Monday, 29 January 2018 12:25:24 CET Harald Sitter wrote:
> Hola!
>
> Every other month I run my head into the desk over bugzilla products -.-
>
> - 99% of time if I want to file a bug against a new project that
> project has no product in bugzilla at all
> - unmaintained-ness is not reflected. you can file bugs against
> https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=blogilo all you want no one
> will care as it is unmaintained (which BTW is also a problem
> cgit/phab has)

Could we lock projects that are unmaintained (and set all bug reports
to unmaintained, too)?

> - product spelling inconsistent (upcase-downcase-somecase)
> - product name has zero relationship to ANYTHING (can be made up
> https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Active or the repo name
> https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=blinken or have a prefix
> https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=frameworks-kdewebkit or a
> project can also be a component in another product
> https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Breeze&component=Icons)

Hm, like with calligra, there's calligra-common, words, plan etc. as separate
products with their own components.  I guess a bit of inconsistency is
unavoidable - a 1:1 mapping between git repo and product won't work in all
cases.

> - sometimes there's multiple products?!?
> https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=frameworks-kdesu vs.
> https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=kdesu vs.
> https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=kde-cli-tools [the latter I
> only mention because I happen to know that kdesu is part of it]
>
> I don't like going to our bugzilla.

Me neither... But that's more because I have to triage about a 1000 bug
reports a year, and many of them are not bug reports at all, but support
questions. I like it that bugzilla + phabricator means there's a two-stage
system: one where users enter their reports, which I then filter and create
phabricator tasks for other team members.

> Not being able to file a bug because I can't find the product is so
> very frustrating and sad.
>
> Can we please establish a workflow so that every project we run has a
> bugzilla product with suitable name (step for sysadmins when creating
> new repos)?

That should work in most cases... I guess, but not in all.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org