On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 1:29 AM, David Edmundson
<da...@davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
> For existing stuff there's a problem that bugzilla names are hardcoded into
> apps.
>
> There's kdepackages.h in frameworks that provides a list of all products so
> that help->report bug works
> and there's data that drkonqi uses. All done by string not product ID.
>
> Renaming any referenced here is we can't do.

While Dr Konqi goes via a different route, if it's only the
destination of Help -> Report Bug we want to change then that is fully
doable if memory serves.
We can do that as Help -> Report Bug actually hits a very legacy URL
which Bugzilla hasn't supported for a very long time.

The only thing keeping it working are some redirectors on the bugs.kde.org side.
(See https://cgit.kde.org/websites/bugs-kde-org.git/tree/wizard.cgi?h=kde-5.0
for more information)

> Things we can do:
>
> Use the "open for bugs" checkbox more for clearly dead projects to make that
> list shorter
> Rename descriptions
> Changing a product case seems to be ok
>
> If you have specific things, like the kdesu case or breeze icon case we
> should just fix it.
> It doesn't need a policy, report it to the relevant maintainers.
>
>>Can we please establish a workflow so that every project we run has a
> bugzilla product with suitable name (step for sysadmins when creating
> new repos)?
>
> That's very sensible for new projects +1 to a change there.
> It should be a mandatory requirement for coming out of playground.

Cheers,
Ben