Mark, Not to fuel this further, but rather to cool it down some... or
try. The offer was NOT canceled because of anything you said. The offer
was canceled because of what was NOT said when requesting location
offers. Below is from your original post. I do not see anywhere in your
"Requisites" that the place "offered" , had to be centrally located.
Only a request for Volunteers. Due to incomplete information from the
start, I felt it better to cancel the offer for the betterment of the
group. Simple as that!!  Personally, I do not understand totally why you
dont just re-visit old convention sites. You already have your foot in
the Door there, and know what is in the area.

I think in the future, I will only be sitting on the side as I have in
the past and reading the posts unless asked. There are a bunch of good
folks on here, and lots of great information. As most know that have
read any of my previous posts, I am also the owner of the
KR2_Sport_Plane Group on Yahoo. I will be sticking pretty much to that
group in the future unless asked about something. Take Care,

Dick
Salol, MN

*So here's what I'm asking.  Would somebody please volunteer to host the
Gathering NEXT year?  I can't do it because my airport is "private" and
it's not legal to fly in if you are not an owner (or part owner, as in
stockholder).   Wayne from Mississippi volunteered to host it a few
years ago (twice), but died before we allowed him to do it.  I'm sure
there are others who would like the opportunity to put their airport on
the KR map. The requisites are that the airport has to be uncontrolled
(or the controller is blind and deaf), somewhat out of town so the FBO
doesn't get alot of complaints or has good neighbors, food has to be
brought in (a big grille and burgers will work), someplace for the
banquet is good (although I've enjoyed the ones in the hangar at Pine
Bluff and Mount Vernon), inside storage at night for the KR's is a big
plus, and the host has to do all of the organization.  Support from an
EAA chapter would be helpful, and local church or high school band
groups often have fund-raising efforts that will do the cooking for
you.  Hmmmm...I may have just killed it right there!  But it never hurts
to dream. *