I met Bob Grimstead while in Perth.  He's a nice guy, likes to write "flight
test" articles for Aussie and US magazines, but apparently he's not
qualified to speak to the integrity of the KR wing attach system.  The
Aussies have dictated a couple of changes to KRs built and flown there, but
"improving" the WAFs isn't one of them, as far as I know.

Yep, Steve needs to write a letter to the editor, and it wouldn't hurt if
they got a hundred more just to drive the point home.  See
http://www.n56ml.com/australia/070504319.jpg for a photo of Bob after doing
a first flight in a Flitzer, which is part of the "Australia visit" webpage
I did a few years ago when I was lucky enough to spend a few weeks there
while on business.  It's at http://www.n56ml.com/australia/ .  There's a lot
of aviation and KR stuff in there also...

Mark Langford
n5...@hiwaay.net
website www.n56ml.com