John Martindale wrote:
> A long time ago before "experimental" came along (like in the 1980s), the
> Australian authorities did mandate a change to the bolt arrangement that
> specified a spacer tube between each pair of WAFs and a longer single
> through bolt instead of two short independent bolts.
>
> I think this reflects a better engineering solution with respect to shear
> forces
I can see how a thicker bolt could improve shear strength, or a bolt of
a greater rating, but unless I am missing something, I see no way that a
longer bolt of the same type and size could improve its shear strength
at the wing attach fitting junction through an increase in its length.
Did I miss somthing in physics class?

--
Glenn Martin (N5PQ)
Martek Mississippi Electronic Repair