Yes,the latch systems on the Crow harnesses are a bit heavier than some of the
other restraint systems.  I used a lighter system in my KR simply because it
was an unfinished project when I bought it and the belts came with the project.
 I don't recall the brand, but I liked them.  The Crow harnesses were installed
in my SuperCub and RV-6 where weight was less of a consideration.

-Jeff Scott