Hi all,
I have a question about Linux KVM HA cluster.

I understand that in a HA setup I can live migrate virtual machine between host that shares the same storage (via various methods, eg: DRDB). This enable us to migrate the VMs based on hosts loads and performance.

ìMy current understanding is that, with this setup, an host crash will cause the VMs to be restarded on another host.

However, I wonder if there is a method to have a fully fault-tolerant HA configuration, where for "fully fault-tolerant" I means that an host crash (eg: power failures) will cause the VMs to be migrated to another hosts with no state change. In other word: it is possible to have an always-synchronized (both disk & memory) VM instance on another host, so that the migrated VM does not need to be restarted but only restored/unpaused? For disk data synchronization we can use shared storages (bypassing the problem) or something similar do DRDB, but what about memory?

Thank you,
regards.