On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:49:09 PM CDT, g.da...@assyoma.it wrote:
On 2013-08-21 21:40, Brian Jackson wrote:
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:02:31 AM CDT, g.da...@assyoma.it wrote: ...

Hi Brian,
thank you for your reply.

As I googled extensively without finding anything, I was prepared to a similar response.

Anyway, from what I understand, Qemu already use a similar approach (tracking dirty memory pages) when live migrating virtual machines to another host.

So what is missing is the "glue code" between Qemu and KVM/libvirt stack, right?

Live migration isn't what you asked about (at least not from what I
understood). Live migration is just moving a VM from one host to another. That
is definitely supported by libvirt. Having a constantly running lock-step sync
of guest state is what Qemu/KVM does not support. So with Qemu's current live
migration abilities, if HostA dies, all it's guests will have downtime while
they are restarted on other hosts.

Thanks again.