On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 5:47 AM, Brian Jackson <i...@theiggy.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:49:09 PM CDT, g.da...@assyoma.it wrote:
>>
>> On 2013-08-21 21:40, Brian Jackson wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:02:31 AM CDT, g.da...@assyoma.it wrote:
>>

>> Hi Brian,
>> thank you for your reply.
>>
>> As I googled extensively without finding anything, I was prepared to a
>> similar response.
>>
>> Anyway, from what I understand, Qemu already use a similar approach
>> (tracking dirty memory pages) when live migrating virtual machines to
>> another host.
>>
>> So what is missing is the "glue code" between Qemu and KVM/libvirt stack,
>> right?
>

> Live migration isn't what you asked about (at least not from what I
> understood). Live migration is just moving a VM from one host to another.
> That is definitely supported by libvirt. Having a constantly running
> lock-step sync of guest state is what Qemu/KVM does not support. So with
> Qemu's current live migration abilities, if HostA dies, all it's guests will
> have downtime while they are restarted on other hosts.

Live migration is not proper for support VM HA, when host went wrong,
these VMs on the host must be restart on another host based on the
same storage.

I have googled for KVM FT for a while, but only find a project called
Kemari which was no longer updated.
I read some article about KVM FT, which said KVM may be support it in future.

>> Thanks again.

>> --

> --

Focus on: Server Vitualization, Network security,Scanner,NodeJS,JAVA,WWW
Blog: http://www.nohouse.net