Application-level HA is not a solution for all environment, I can't
setup an oracle rac cluster or a windows failover cluster based a host
use FC as the storage which already asked in k...@veger.kernel.org
list.

Hope some body will found same HA solution.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Stefan Hajnoczi <stefa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 01:02:31PM +0200, g.da...@assyoma.it wrote:
>> However, I wonder if there is a method to have a fully
>> fault-tolerant HA configuration, where for "fully fault-tolerant" I
>> means that an host crash (eg: power failures) will cause the VMs to
>> be migrated to another hosts with no state change. In other word: it
>> is possible to have an always-synchronized (both disk & memory) VM
>> instance on another host, so that the migrated VM does not need to
>> be restarted but only restored/unpaused? For disk data
>> synchronization we can use shared storages (bypassing the problem)
>> or something similar do DRDB, but what about memory?
>
> Remember that you can set up HA inside the guests like you do on
> physical machines.  Hypervisor support is not necessary if you use
> existing application-level HA features.
>
> Stefan
> --

Focus on: Server Vitualization, Network security,Scanner,NodeJS,JAVA,WWW
Blog: http://www.nohouse.net