Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
I have no issue with Google translate and would actually like this shortcut
button to function.

The Pootle documentation
http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/pootle/en/stable-2.7.2/features/machine_translation.html
states this is a paid service, with fees listed at
https://cloud.google.com/translate/pricing

The fact that it is a paid service complicates things a lot. Not much for the amount (it's 20$ per million characters; still, it would be a large amount if you consider all strings and all languages), but for the paperwork needed for the ASF to an expenditure "per use" of this kind.

I mean: for a free service we would only have the technical issue, for a paid service this becomes very complex to handle.

Regards,
  Andrea.