ah ok :) thought the l2tp session was established from your readings,
didn't looked at the logs .. ok, so it receive the request from the
win side, so we can assume ipsec is ok for rx (l2tp prospective).
Could you check that the l2tp reply from the l2tpd side goes trough the
tunnel back to the windows side (sniff from the ipsec0 interface or trough
the regular one and see if the packet is ESP protected). Othersise
sending us the l2tp packet trace would be the best.

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 05:35:16PM +1000, Arya wrote:
> No attempt is made by l2tp to actually initiate the ppp interface =\
> It cant be a routing issue, because an IPSec tunnel is successfully
> established...right?
>
> Arya
>

> On Thursday 01 July 2004 17:16, Jean-Francois Dive wrote:
> > i'd say that it works on the local lan by chance, probably. Take a look
> > to the traffic coming on your ppp inerface and see if you see the client
> > packets. Maybe it is simply a route problem on the client or
> > something like that.
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 11:36:03AM +1000, Arya wrote:
> > > G'day guys,
> > >
> > > OK, here's the go. We're trying to set up a roadwarrior config so that XP
> > > clients (without any major changes at the client end) can connect
> > > straight to an IPSec/L2TP server (and auth via ppp to a radius, etc).
> > >
> > > Everything works like a charm, if the client is on the same subnet as the
> > > server (ie, if direct delivery occurs), else (if it's routed), it breaks
> > > with this message (lets play spot the error!):
> > >
> > > ourtid = 30309, entropy_buf = 7665
> > > check_control: control, cid = 0, Ns = 0, Nr = 0
> > > handle_avps: handling avp's for tunnel 30309, call 0
> > > message_type_avp: message type 1 (Start-Control-Connection-Request)
> > > protocol_version_avp: peer is using version 1, revision 0.
> > > framing_caps_avp: supported peer frames: sync
> > > bearer_caps_avp: supported peer bearers:
> > > firmware_rev_avp: peer reports firmware version 1280 (0x0500)
> > > hostname_avp: peer reports hostname 'wisdom'
> > > vendor_avp: peer reports vendor 'Microsof'
> > > assigned_tunnel_avp: using peer's tunnel 8
> > > receive_window_size_avp: peer wants RWS of 8.  Will use flow control.
> > > ourtid = 64760, entropy_buf = fcf8
> > > check_control: control, cid = 0, Ns = 0, Nr = 0
> > > handle_avps: handling avp's for tunnel 64760, call 0
> > > message_type_avp: message type 1 (Start-Control-Connection-Request)
> > > protocol_version_avp: peer is using version 1, revision 0.
> > > framing_caps_avp: supported peer frames: sync
> > > bearer_caps_avp: supported peer bearers:
> > > firmware_rev_avp: peer reports firmware version 1280 (0x0500)
> > > hostname_avp: peer reports hostname 'wisdom'
> > > vendor_avp: peer reports vendor 'Microsof'
> > > assigned_tunnel_avp: using peer's tunnel 8
> > > receive_window_size_avp: peer wants RWS of 8.  Will use flow control.
> > > control_finish: Peer requested tunnel 8 twice, ignoring second one.
> > > ourtid = 2715, entropy_buf = a9b
> > > ourcid = 7944, entropy_buf = 1f08
> > > check_control: control, cid = 0, Ns = 0, Nr = 0
> > > handle_avps: handling avp's for tunnel 2715, call 7944
> > > message_type_avp: message type 1 (Start-Control-Connection-Request)
> > > protocol_version_avp: peer is using version 1, revision 0.
> > > framing_caps_avp: supported peer frames: sync
> > > bearer_caps_avp: supported peer bearers:
> > > firmware_rev_avp: peer reports firmware version 1280 (0x0500)
> > > hostname_avp: peer reports hostname 'wisdom'
> > > vendor_avp: peer reports vendor 'Microsof'
> > > assigned_tunnel_avp: using peer's tunnel 8
> [...]

-> Jean-Francois Dive
--> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability.
    -- Oscar Wilde