The "rise" is the distance from the natural waistline to the "twat" - to measure the
rise, sit erect on a flat chair or table with no cushion.  Have someone measure, with
a flexible tape, down the side from the natural waist to the flat seat of the chair.
Be sure that the curve of the the hip is in the measure; that's why one uses a
flexible tape measurer.

When I designed clothes, and dressy pants were just becoming fashionable for women,
the client's patterns were custom-made and that required measuring the rise. I also
made men's trousers and the rise was doubly important... Lordy me, I don't even make
my own clothes now.

Betty Ann in Roanoke, Virginia USA

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]