In a message dated 8/6/2005 8:55:37 PM Mountain Daylight Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> 
>  I have been lurking on Arachne Lace for several years,  I never found 
> anything I wanted to say but  recently I signed up for Lace Chat.  The 
> thread about creepy things and gardening has sent me to the keyboard.  
> Since we live in the desert  most of my gardening is in container pots 
> on the patio.  Last Saturday morning we had a swarm of bees on the 
> Texas  Ebony tree out front.  They came some time Friday during the day 
> and left by 8:30 a.m. Saturday when I went out to get the paper.   
> After getting the paper I went out on the patio in back to water my 
> plants and was watering, watering, watering - did my hibiscus and about 
> to started on my basil.... I looked down - to make sure I didn't get 
> water all over the patio I guess, and there was a Mohave Rattlesnake 
> curled up in my pot of basil....My legs had been about 4 inches from 
> his head.  Scared the daylights out of me....I jumped back about 4 feet 
> and then stood perfectly still.....until I got myself together.... . Up 
> shot was I called the fire department and they came and removed 
> it....We pay for a subscription  so if we have a fire they will come 
> and put it out...They will also  administer first aid while waiting for 
> the helicopter and remove poisonous reptiles and such.  So that's my 
> creepy gardening story.... ewwwwwww.......

My God, Carol! You are fortunate you didn't get bit! 
I guess there is no way to ward off snakes, or even trap or bait them, is 
there?

This really puts my worm into perspective...

And the bee/wasp warnings too....

Sobering thoughts, all....Gad! 
Robert Browning got it all wrong, didn't he: "The world is so full of a 
number of things I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings."

Yeah, right....

Ricki in Utah

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to