Liz Asks

> Spiders - this has made me think - how many of you who design use computer  programs
> and which do
you use

My DH is a retired surveyor and we have a (once very expenseive, now
useless to him) survey software package based on a 3 dimensional
grid.   Two dimensions are perfect for drawing up lace!   I drew myself
up a grid of "dots" which I copy for each new pattern, then "edit" each
dot I want to a different colour and layer in the program until I have
enough for one repeat.   I then get rid of all the base dots, copy and
rotate to my heart's content and print out at any scale I want to.

There is a sample on my website - the "Cooma Kiss" hanky edge.
I have no intention of copyrighting it, everyone is welcome to copy it,
use it, print it elsewhere (eg in newsletters), share it around.  I respect
copyright for those who are trying to earn some money from their
books, but I am unlikely to design anything worth putting in books!

Noelene i Cooma
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/